Wednesday 5 March 2008

Bula!

I made it! I'm back in Fiji! Very nearly didn't get out of Australia! Probably won't surprise my family as my flights never seem to run smoothly! Air Pacific would not let me on the fight without an onward or a return ticket. Total panic but finally got it rectified by purchasing a refundable ticket, (if you can call it that! Once they have taken off all their charges there isn't much that comes back!) Finally made it onto the plane & guess who is on the front cover of Air Pacific inflight magazine.....ME!!!
I know its not quite Vogue but hey every model has to start somewhere! It was very surreal walking onto the plane & seeing photos of myself but it was fun, although unfortunately not enough to get an upgrade! Offered to do a free signing session but there wasn't much of a queue! ; ) Its pretty cool though & the boat is now weighed down with all the copies I took off the plane!

It feels good to be back on board Barraveigh. Bobby has spent a lot of time cleaning her up & she is looking really good. We have an air conditioning unit so its a lovely temperature, unlimited fresh water & power, plus showers & internet – life just can't get better! I head out for a daily run every morning before the sun gets too hot. I'm trying to start this year healthier both physically & mentally. Plus its so much fun, the Fijians & Indians are so friendly. They are all waving & shouting “Good Morning” as I run past. I hope my wave & smile are ok as its all I can muster in this heat with the sweat pouring off me!

No comments: