Saturday 10 January 2009

The End of a Chapter

It is time to come home & rejoin the real world.


I’ve sailed half way around the world! A major achievement. An achievement that seems so unreal, that has changed my life & will alter my future in so ways they are impossible to quantify.

I have come home a sailor but I am still Suzanne Roberts, the girl who loves heels & handbags as much as her flip flops & foul weather gear; who will love celebrating with friends over cocktails & champagne as much as a walk along a cold, windy Sussex seafront sharing a mug of hot chocolate at Sea Lane Café. I am proud of the person I was, what I have achieved, the person I have become & the person I still am.

This trip has achieved so many things, on levels that are impossible to put into words, but its time to go home, embrace my life on land, my family & my friends. Achieving this dream is a huge high but it hasn't been without its costs both financially & emotionally. I’m not even sure how to mention Bobby or Barraveigh without feeling a huge loss. Words cannot describe the journey we have been on. I will treasure every memory, both good & bad, forever. My respect for Bobby is beyond words & we are by no means parting as enemies. The experiences we have been through ensures we are bound together as friends. To hear stories of the next leg & the rest of the world that awaits them will be hard to do without feeling a little jealously or a twinge of envy, but the choice to come home is the right one. The Suzi Set Sail chapter has come to an end & it is time to begin another chapter in my life.

Dreams are worthless without friends or family. The people who knew the real you, the you you don’t have to explain, who know your faults & your past yet are still there to hold your hand. Never misjudge how important those people are in your life. Achieving this dream without you all just wouldn't be the same.

1 comment:

The Beatties said...

I've so much enjoyed reading of your and Captain Bob's adventures... with a touch of envy I must admit. And will await "the next chapter" sooner or later.
JohnB