Tuesday 5 February 2008

Farewell Family & Friends

I've got just less than a month on my own in Australia. It is well needed & I hope, one of the best decisions I've made. I'm going to give myself the time & space to re-evaluate, remember, rediscover independence, confidence & smiles.

2007 was a hard year, a new relationship, a huge adventure & a whole new life on the water to adapt to. On top of that I was still reeling from family tragedy. But 2008 is going to be different I'm going to get back on track, live life to the full, with happinessness & positivity in each day.



Heading home in November to be reunited with the family was well overdue. However returning home to live with the parents when you moved out at the age of 19 was a bit of a shock for us all! They were good sports, lent their cars (was this just a ploy to get me out the house!), looked after me & gave me shoulders to lean on. I, in return cooked dinners & gave them computer lessons. With Mum & Dad entering the modern world of broadband & laptops we spent evenings at the dining table with three laptops learning the ins & outs of skype, downloading & altering photos, mum I hope you are still doing your homework! ; )

As February came round I was ready to leave & see what adventures 2008 held for me. The entire family checked & rechecked my flight details, no longer trusted to do this having missed 2 major flights by reading the departure time wrong, I can only offer the excuse of being a natural blonde! My efforts at leaving the country are never without turmoil & an accident closing the road into the north terminal caused a little extra stress but Dad (keen to see me go & not stay an extra day!) came to the rescue dropping me at the south terminal & getting the train across. They all waved me off & it broke my heart walking through security with them all waving. They stood there for next 15 minutes. Each time I thought it was a last wave & moved into another area I'd look behind to see they had found another tiny area of glass to look through, were standing on tip toes & still waving.

Family life is full of happy times & tough times. You only get one family & no matter what happens I know we are all there for each other. They are stuck with me as their daughter & sister, equally I'm stuck with them & I wouldn't have it any other way ; )

It was great to see family & friends while I was home & I loved spending time with you all but I'm ready to wave goodbye again & head for warmer climates! I'll be back again before you all know it. x

No comments: